what stopping girl hate is about:
ending internalised misogyny and the prioritisation of men over each other
what stopping girl hate is not about:
expecting women of colour, disabled women and LGBTQA+ women to excuse racism, ableism, homophobia and transmisogyny simply because it’s coming from other women
me during classes
- "that’s racist"
- "that’s sexist"
- "there are more than two genders"
- "ok but could we maybe not use that word"
- "that’s ableist"
- "there aren’t enough girls in here"
im so cute.
* Men who don’t respect consent don’t have a special right to keep that private.
* Men who threaten violence against women don’t have a special right to keep that private.
* Men who disregard a woman’s sexual agency to objectify her don’t have a special right to keep that private.
* Men who abuse women don’t have a special right to keep that private.
protect women of color at all costs
female experience: insult after insult, constant threat of being killed (leads to hyper awareness of futility of existence), conditioned to value kindness while being subject to violence daily (leads to desire of understanding of human psyche) adoration a key emotion
white male experience: view world as hall of mirrors, everything is me and i am everything (leads to individualist interpretation of social reality, inability to make good art)
why do people always gotta mess with harry all he does is trip and smile